Monday, November 24, 2008

Honest...

I'm not purposing leaving people out of the loop, but seriously...it's been pretty quiet on the Kennedy front. Charlie is doing AWESOME. He's getting over a cold right now, and he's quite the trooper. Especially when his paranoid Mom takes his temperture every hour to be sure he doesn't have a fever this time. **sigh**, I can see this happening even when he's 18. Grrrr....cancer. His last few appointments have been great with no terrible side affects to the chemo. His oral chemo that he gets at home, and will get until he's 8, is giving him red dry patches on just his face. It really looks terrible sometimes, but I found if we are really good about gooping on the lotion a couple times a day, it's not terribly noticable. In fact, even when it is bad, he doesn't even notice. Thank goodness he's not a teenage girl right now!!! (or ever..... for that matter)
School is going pretty good, making friends, enjoying most of the things he's learning. I definitely have to wrangle things out of him about his school day. He just wants to tell me what he did on the playground and nothing else! By the way, his favorite thing to do on the playground is "play pirates" I know you are all surprised.
Anyway, that's the update for now...nothing to crazy going on with Brian and I lately. Although I did go see Twilight this weekend and really liked it. Of course, nothing compares to the book, but it was still pretty good!!!

Everyone, have a great Thanksgiving!




And yes, he's sitting in a bucket eating popcorn.....

3 comments:

House of Stiles said...

We love to hear that Charlie is doing so great! We think about you guys all the time and really enjoy reading your blog.

I don't know if it will work on Charlie... but I have found a wonderful cream that use to be prescription only but now you can just ask the pharmacy for it. I found it at Target and it's called "Acid Mantle". The tube just says A'MANTLE... it is WONDERFUL.

jenn gent said...

No news is good news! Glad to hear Charlie is doing great. Happy Thanksgiving!

megat said...

your picture very beautiful and make me excited. I come again